02-08-09, 01:25
به نظرم يه همچين تاپيكي جاش خالي بود.

اگه دوستان كمك كنند اينجارو محل انواع بنچمارك ها و مقايسهاي پردازنداها كنيم

ابا اجازه بزرگتر ها خودم شروع ميكنم

Only the registered members can see the link
Intel’s Core i7-975 & 950: Preparing for Lynnfield
Date: Jun 3, 2009
Type: CPU & Chipset
Manufacturer: Intel (Only the registered members can see the link)
Author: Anand Lal Shimpi (anand.shimpi@anandtech.com)
Page 1 Seven months have passed since Intel officially launched its Core i7 processors (Only the registered members can see the link), and for seven months they have remained at the top of our performance charts. Albeit pricey, Nehalem can’t be beat; it is the world’s fastest desktop microprocessor.
Just last week we previewed Intel’s upcoming more mainstream Nehalem, codenamed Lynnfield (Only the registered members can see the link). Based on our early results and leaked Intel roadmaps, I’m expecting Lynnfield to pretty much negate the need for low end LGA-1366 Core i7 parts. Rather than allow Lynnfield to cannibalize Intel’s high-end LGA-1366 Core i7 platform, Intel is raising the performance bar with two new i7 CPUs: the Core i7 975 Extreme and the Core i7 950.
Processor Clock Speed Cores / Threads Maximum Single Core Turbo Frequency TDP Price Intel Core i7-975 Extreme 3.33GHz 4 / 8 3.60GHz 130W $999 Intel Core i7-965 Extreme 3.20GHz 4 / 8 3.46GHz 130W $999 Intel Core i7-950 3.06GHz 4 / 8 3.33GHz 130W $562 Intel Core i7-940 2.93GHz 4 / 8 3.20GHz 130W $562 Intel Lynnfield 2.93GHz 2.93GHz 4 / 8 3.60GHz 95W $562 Intel Core i7-920 2.66GHz 4 / 8 2.93GHz 130W $284 Intel Lynnfield 2.80GHz 2.80GHz 4 / 8 3.46GHz 95W $284 Intel Lynnfield 2.66GHz 2.66GHz 4 / 4 3.20GHz 95W $196 The 975 replaces the 965 and is priced at $999 while the 950 replaces the i7-940 and is priced at $562. The chips run at 3.33GHz and 3.06GHz, respectively, with maximum turbo frequencies topping out at 3.6GHz and 3.33GHz. Intel really has no other external motivation to push for higher frequency parts, so we only see a bare minimum increase in specs here.

The Core i7 Extreme part, like its predecessor, ships unlocked so you can easily overclock it. Its un-core (L3 cache + memory controller) operates at 2.66GHz, just like the i7-965. The i7-950 is locked and runs its uncore at 2.13GHz, just like all other non-Extreme i7s.

Both of these chips use Intel’s new D0 stepping (Only the registered members can see the link) so they should clock up a bit higher than the original i7s.

Page 2 The Fastest Processor for Single Threaded Tasks

In the past we’ve had to make concessions for single-threaded application performance on modern day quad-core processors. For example, $266 will buy you two 3.33GHz cores or four 2.83GHz cores from Intel. I generally recommend going the quad-core option but there’s no getting around the fact that you do give up some performance when an application can’t take advantage of more than two threads.
With the Core i7 Extreme 975 the CPU can run at up to 3.60GHz when only one core is active (3.46GHz if more than one core is active). In my testing I found that the CPU almost always ran at its maximum turbo frequencies.
The graph below shows single-threaded performance in Cinebench R10. Note that while the Core 2 Duo E8600 (3.33GHz) was the top performer in this test for quite some time, the Core i7’s Turbo Mode has ensured that it’s no longer true.

The fastest single-threaded processors are now Intel's quad-core, eight-thread Core i7s
The biggest issue I see with the i7’s Turbo Mode today is that you only get one speed bin improvement (+133MHz) if 2 or more cores are active. The biggest boost (+266MHz) only comes when only a single core is active. Perhaps we’ll have to wait for Lynnfield for that.
The Test

Motherboard: Intel DX58SO (Intel X58)
Intel DX48BT2 (Intel X48)
MSI DKA790GX Platinum (AMD 790GX)
Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H (AMD 790GX)
Gigabyte GA-MA790FX-UD5P (AMD 790FX) Chipset: Intel X48
Intel X58
AMD 790GX
AMD 790FX Chipset Drivers: Intel 9.1.1.1010 (Intel)
AMD Catalyst 8.12 Hard Disk: Intel X25-M SSD (80GB) Memory: G.Skill DDR2-800 2 x 2GB (4-4-4-12)
G.Skill DDR2-1066 2 x 2GB (5-5-5-15)
Qimonda DDR3-1066 4 x 1GB (7-7-7-20)
Corsair DDR3-1333 4 x 1GB (7-7-7-20)
Video Card: eVGA GeForce GTX 280 Video Drivers: NVIDIA ForceWare 180.43 (Vista64)
NVIDIA ForceWare 178.24 (Vista32) Desktop Resolution: 1920 x 1200 OS: Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit (for SYSMark)
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Page 3 SYSMark 2007 Performance

Our journey starts with SYSMark 2007, the only all-encompassing performance suite in our review today. The idea here is simple: one benchmark to indicate the overall performance of your machine.

Given that this is just a normal speed bump, expect to see fairly predictable results. The Core i7 975 Extreme is the new king of the hill. A good 34% faster than AMD's fastest and around 2.5x the speed of one of Intel's fastest dual-core Pentium 4 processors.

Page 4 Adobe Photoshop CS4 Performance

To measure performance under Photoshop CS4 we turn to the Retouch Artists’ Speed Test. The test does basic photo editing; there are a couple of color space conversions, many layer creations, color curve adjustment, image and canvas size adjustment, unsharp mask, and finally a gaussian blur performed on the entire image.
The whole process is timed and thanks to the use of Intel's X25-M SSD as our test bed hard drive, performance is far more predictable than back when we used to test on mechanical disks.
Time is reported in seconds and the lower numbers mean better performance. The test is multithreaded and can hit all four cores in a quad-core machine.

Whoever said there's no room for CPU performance improvements anymore would be very wrong. While the Pentium E5300 is more than sufficient for most tasks, there's nearly a 60% difference between its performance and the class leading Core i7-975. Even the Phenom II X4 955 takes 55% longer to complete this test.
The performance advantage is there, but it's one that you definitely pay for. The i7-975 is around 4x the price of the Phenom II X4 955.
DivX 8.5.3 with Xmpeg 5.0.3

Our DivX test is the same DivX / XMpeg 5.03 test we've run for the past few years now, the 1080p source file is encoded using the unconstrained DivX profile, quality/performance is set balanced at 5 and enhanced multithreading is enabled:

x264 HD Video Encoding Performance

Graysky's x264 HD test uses the publicly available x264 codec (open source alternative to H.264) to encode a 4Mbps 720p MPEG-2 source. The focus here is on quality rather than speed, thus the benchmark uses a 2-pass encode and reports the average frame rate in each pass.

The i7-975 is over 70% faster than AMD's fastest in our x264 encode test, and 3.85x the speed of the old Pentium EE 955. Even compared to the Core i7-920, the 975 is ~24% faster.

Windows Media Encoder 9 x64 Advanced Profile

In order to be codec agnostic we've got a Windows Media Encoder benchmark looking at the same sort of thing we've been doing in the DivX and x264 tests, but using WME instead.

Page 5 3dsmax 9 - SPECapc 3dsmax CPU Rendering Test

Today's desktop processors are more than fast enough to do professional level 3D rendering at home. To look at performance under 3dsmax we ran the SPECapc 3dsmax 8 benchmark (only the CPU rendering tests) under 3dsmax 9 SP1. The results reported are the rendering composite scores:

There's hardly any performance difference between the 975 and the 965 here, but given their price parity it makes sense for the 965 to go away. Nehalem's performance here is just astonishing.

Cinebench R10

Created by the Cinema 4D folks we have Cinebench, a popular 3D rendering benchmark that gives us both single and multi-threaded 3D rendering results.

In the single threaded results we already saw the benefits of Intel's Turbo Mode come to light. The higher end i7s are faster at single threaded tasks than even the fastest dual-core processors.

Execute eight threads in parallel and now the i7 has no equal. Even the slowest i7-920 is 22% faster than the Phenom II X4 955.
POV-Ray 3.73 beta 23 Ray Tracing Performance

POV-Ray is a popular, open-source raytracing application that also doubles as a great tool to measure CPU floating point performance.
I ran the SMP benchmark in beta 23 of POV-Ray 3.73. The numbers reported are the final score in pixels per second.

Blender 2.48a

Blender is an open source 3D modeling application. Our benchmark here simply times how long it takes to render a character that comes with the application.

Page 6 PAR2 Multithreaded Archive Recovery Performance

Par2 is an application used for reconstructing downloaded archives. It can generate parity data from a given archive and later use it to recover the archive
Chuchusoft took the source code of par2cmdline 0.4 and parallelized it using Intel’s Threading Building Blocks 2.1. The result is a version of par2cmdline that can spawn multiple threads to repair par2 archives. For this test we took a 708MB archive, corrupted nearly 60MB of it, and used the multithreaded par2cmdline to recover it. The scores reported are the repair and recover time in seconds.

Well threaded applications love the Core i7's Hyper Threading; 8 threads isn't just for servers anymore.
Microsoft Excel 2007

Excel can be a very powerful mathematical tool. In this benchmark we're running a Monte Carlo simulation on a very large spreadsheet of stock pricing data.

Sony Vegas Pro 8: Blu-ray Disc Creation

Although technically a test simulating the creation of a Blu-ray disc, the majority of the time in our Sony Vegas Pro benchmark is spend encoding the 25Mbps MPEG-2 video stream and not actually creating the Blu-ray disc itself.

Sorenson Squeeze: FLV Creation

Another video related benchmark, we're using Sorenson Squeeze to convert regular videos into Flash videos for use on websites.

WinRAR - Archive Creation

Our WinRAR test simply takes 300MB of files and compresses them into a single RAR archive using the application's default settings. We're not doing anything exotic here, just looking at the impact of CPU performance on creating an archive:

Page 7 Fallout 3 Game Performance

Bethesda’s latest game uses an updated version of the Gamebryo engine (Oblivion). This benchmark takes place immediately outside Vault 101. The character walks away from the vault through the Springvale ruins. The benchmark is measured manually using FRAPS.

It looks like we're finally hitting a real bottleneck with our Fallout 3 benchmark, the i7-975 is the fastest thing here but performance is slowly creeping up to 90 fps. Note that the Phenom II X4 955 is about the same speed as the i7-965.
Left 4 Dead

FarCry 2 Multithreaded Game Performance

FarCry 2 ships with the most impressive benchmark tool we’ve ever seen in a PC game. Part of this is due to the fact that Ubisoft actually tapped a number of hardware sites (AnandTech included) from around the world to aid in the planning for the benchmark.
For our purposes we ran the CPU benchmark included in the latest patch:

Crysis Warhead

Page 8 Power Consumption

The new i7-975 draws a little more power than its predecessor. I measured 220W under load for the entire system. Note that Intel's top end dual-core Pentium 4 Extreme Edition 955 actually draws more power than the Core i7-975. That's ridiculous.

Page 9 Overclocking

Without increasing the core voltage on the 975, and using the retail cooler the highest stable overclock I was able to achieve was 3.73GHz:

Boosting core voltage by 16% I was able to hit 4.13GHz with the retail air cooler, but I could not get the system fully stable at any higher frequencies:

Gary was able to squeeze a 24/7 stable 4.4GHz out of his 975 on aftermarket air cooling (Only the registered members can see the link t.aspx%3fItem%3dN82E16835608007) with the EVGA X58 Classified and Gigabyte EX58 (Only the registered members can see the link t.aspx%3fItem%3dN82E16813128361)-Extreme motherboards at 1.4V Core Vid, 1.375V VTT, 1.62V VDimm, and memory set to 7-8-7-20 at DDR3-1704 (new OCZ Blade PC17000). However, he admitted that if the retail Core i7-975 chips clock anything like the ES samples we were provided with that buying one would be a huge waste of money (actually his exact words were quite explicit but not printable). All of his retail D0 stepping Core i7-920 processors are easily hitting 4.4GHz~4.6GHz (Only the registered members can see the link) on high-end air coolers when installed in a variety of X58 motherboards. We have a retail Core i7-975 arriving later this week and will provide an update in the near future. As is always the case with overclocking: your mileage may vary.

Processor Highest Overclock (Stock Voltage) Highest Overclock (Overvolted) % Increase over stock AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.8GHz 3.9GHz 22% Intel Core i7 975 3.73GHz 4.13GHz 24%
With relatively similar transistor counts, similar starting clock speeds, it's wonderful to see that AMD is able to offer virtually identical overclocking headroom to Intel's flagship Core i7 in a 64-bit operating system.

Page 10 Final Words

There's really not much to say here. Intel's Core i7 975 is the absolute fastest processor you can buy regardless of workload. Its single threaded results are particularly impressive because we have a CPU that behaves as a 3.6GHz single-core processor when it needs to, and as such it delivers extremely powerful single-threaded performance. If anything I would like to see Intel bring some of the Xeon's Turbo Modes to the Core i7; a two-bin boost when two cores are active would be a nice addition, but perhaps the desktop i7's TDP is still too high at this point.

Our major issue with the i7-975 is the same problem we have with all Extreme parts: price. At $999 (Only the registered members can see the link) the added benefit over the $562 Core i7-950 or even the $266 i7-920 does not nearly justify its price. If performance is all that matters, then by all means go for it - there's no faster alternative. Enthusiasts will much prefer going with an i7-920 or 950 or even a Xeon W3540 and overclocking it, easily reaching stock or overclocked 975 speeds. More patient users may even end up waiting for Lynnfield (Only the registered members can see the link).

AMD doesn't really compete in this space so there's not much to be said for competition to the i7-975 or the 950; outside of Intel, there is none. Nehalem's biggest competitors are itself and the upcoming Lynnfield processors right now.

منبع:Only the registered members can see the link (Only the registered members can see the link)
Only the registered members can see the link (Only the registered members can see the link)

serpens13
02-08-09, 02:06
The announced in 2006, core architecture , marked the beginning of new high performance desktop and mobile systems. Processors on base Of core combined the superiority on performance over NetBurst architecture , low energy consumption ( low heat emission ) and overclocking potential. The architecture core helped Intel company to avoid the economic problems, connected with relative unpopularity of NetBurst processors . During the last two years Intel consecutively enlarged the possibilities of core architecture , released new revisions, and recently transferred the release of processors to the 45nm technical process. In 2007 Intel stated about the announcement of nehalem architecture ( processors core i7), built on base Of core with a number of cardinal update :

The memory controller was transferred from the north bridge (motherboard) directly in the processor itself
support 3- X (triple) channel operation mode
in contrast to Kentsfield/yorkfield, which consist on two crystals with 2 core each, all 4 core Bloomfield are located on one crystal

Only the registered members can see the link At the given moment, the presented core i7 consists on three 4- core processors: 920, 940 and 965 Extreme edition.

Core i7 965
Extreme edition Core i7 940 Core i7 920 Socket LGA 1366 Technical process 45 nm Quantity of core/threads 4/8 Frequency 3.20 GHz 2.93 GHz 2.66 GHz Multiplier x 24.0 x 22.0 x 20.0 QPI 1 x 6.4 GT/s 1 x 4.8 GT/s 1 x 4.8 GT/s Cache 4 x 256 KB L2/8Mb L3 Supported memory type DDR 3-800/1066/
1333/1600 DDR 3-800/1066 DDR 3-800/1066 TDP, in watt 130 Price in parties from 1000 pieces $999 $562 $284 And here finally we have some pre-series models processors core i7.
Thus, before us the elder and the low-end Core i7 representatives , Core i7 965 Extreme and core i7 920.
The new processor Core i7 is different from Intel core .
Only the registered members can see the link The integration of memory controller in the processor core, increased the crystal size , grew in the number of pins , in consequence the CPU surface increased from 38x38 to 42x45 mm.
Core I7 920 Cooler :

Since Core i7 920 is more interesting for most user due to its price (let us recall it will cost $284(wholesale) vs 562$ and 999$ ) we decided to focus mainly on this processor .
Here is the default cooler for this model (Core i7 920).
Only the registered members can see the link The new cooler has a larger size and bigger fan in comparison with LGA 775 .
Only the registered members can see the link Note the cooling of 775 processor will not be compatible with 1366 socket .
Core I7 920 in details :

But here thermalright company already propose for its most popular cooler a fasting in order to use the old cooler with 1366 socket . The model thermalright ultra-120 eXtreme will be used in out test .
After installing this processor on the motherboard Intel DX58SO on base of x58 chipset , CPU-z will reflect the following information:
Only the registered members can see the link Only the registered members can see the link Our processor is based on the early stepping C0. Series models will have a newer stepping and correspondingly, possess lower VID (standard voltage), and also, they can be characterized by higher overclocking potential…
Core I7 920 operating temperature :

According to the utility CoreTemp version 0.99, the processor temperature with the regular box Intel cooler , varies in the region 35-40 degrees . Under load (using OCCT utility version 2.0.0 ) the temperature rose to 55-60 degrees .
Core I7 920 overclocking :

The default voltage for this processor is 1.2V (1.16 with full load) , in this case the processor was stable at the frequency 3000 MHz (@ default voltage), but @3100Mhz it immediately crashed under OCCT test. After raising the core voltage to 1.3V it was possible to pass OCCT test at the frequency 3200 MHz . In this case 1.4V gave a stable 3400Mhz. The tendency is clear. We decided to give this processor 1.5V ( :-) , note it is not recommended to use 1.5v ), but @ 3600 MHz the system could not even POST. As it was explained later, the reason for the observed limitation is due to the QPI bus , in other words, The max stable QPI bus is 175 MHz (motherboard limitation ); therefore the processor overclock was limited to 3500MHz.
Only the registered members can see the link This result is modest taking in account the 45nm (4 GHz and above is typical ) and the relatively high voltage ( vcore ) simply does not impress.
Now let us say a few words about the memory : The memory frequency as before relay on (multiplier and QPI frequency) ; however, in our case only two multiplier are available : x3 and x4 , correspondingly to the maximum memory frequency 700Mhz , which is very small for DDR3. Therefore, memory timing were lowered to the smallest possible, 6-5-5-15. In this case the memory voltage was 1.74V (Note Intel recommend to not go over 1.65 v for the memory).
Core I7 920 vs Core architecture :

For comparison we used some popular four core processor : Intel Q6600 and Q9450, based on 65nm and 45nm technical processes.

Here is the list of used computer hardware:
Socket 1366:

Intel core i7 920 (Engineering sample) Bloomfield C0
Intel DX58SO (Engineering sample, Bios 2260 )

Socket 775:

Intel core2 quad q6600, Kentsfield G0
Intel core2 quad q9450, Yorkfield E0
ASUS P5W64-WS evo (Intel x48, Bios 0601)

2x1Gb Kingston KHX14400D3/K2 (DDR 3-1800 CL8, micron D9GTR chips )
1x1Gb OCZ3P16002GK platinum (DDR 3-1600 CL7, micron D9GTR chips )
XFX 8600GT XXX edition
Intel SSDSA2MH080G1GN (80Gb SSD)
Chieftec CFT-750-14CS (750W)
No case :-)

Software:

Microsoft Windows XP service pack 2
Intel INF drivers version 9.1.0.1007
nVidia forceWare version 169.21
Futuremark 3DMark06 version 1.1.0
CineBench r10 version
CPUmark99
Everest version 4.60.1500
Fritz chess benchmark
NucleaRUS version 2.0.0
ScienceMark version 2.0.0
SuperPi version 1.5
TechArp x264 HD version 0.59.819M
WinRAR version 3.71
wPrime version 1.55

Dual vs Triple-channel memory operation modes :

First we decided to answer the question about the real advantages from the three(triple)-channel regime vs two(dual)-channel.
Only the registered members can see the link (Only the registered members can see the link)
In practice there is no noticeable difference between dual and triple-channel memory operation modes . In the majority of tests the advantage or loss is reduced to a error of measurement, AND the advantage was seen only in some rare case . Later we will check if this advantage is so small due to the sufficiently low processor frequency .
Core i7 920 processor performance at default speed :

Let us examine the processor performance at default speed
Due to HT technology (Hyper-Threading) the advantage Of core i7 920 in multi-threaded tests reaches almost 100%, which greatly impresses.
Core i7 920 processor overclocked performance :

Since our Q6600 refused to overclock over 3.2 GHz we used in this test the Q9450 overclocked to 3.6 GHz and The i920 at 3.5 GHz .
It is clear that Core i7 920 could hold its advantage over Q9450 almost in all tests.
The average performance increase composed 30% which is already good.
Core i7 965 Extreme edition overclocking :

As we said above the overclock of our Core i7 920 was limited by the motherboard QIP bus , We decided to use in this case the extreme version which come with free multiplier. With air cooling, our copy overclocked to 3.8 GHz only , this is relatively modest for $1000 processors. At this frequency it was possible to pass SuperPi 32M, in 9 minutes 20 seconds.
Only the registered members can see the link (Only the registered members can see the link .png) Since our extreme processor proved to be a poor overclocker we decided to start another review with a new copy (to be published later) . But even with the low CPU overclock speed we set a records in the memory information exchange , which composed 21269MB/s and 21.1ns .
The maximum screen shot stable frequency was 4034MHz with 1.55V. Again the overclock of processor is a pure lottery, this is a matter of luck .
Only the registered members can see the link %2001.png
A few words a conclusion about Core i7 :

First, we give confirmation about the memory performance, that the difference between two and three- channel operation modes is low even at high CPU frequencies , and the memory latency is better (lower) in the dual-channel regime.
Only the registered members can see the link Only the registered members can see the link Core i7 does not love excessively high memory capacity . We can reach the frequencies 920-930Mhz with 6-6-5-15, but, absolutely all tests showed a performance loss relative to the same frequency with 7-7-7-16 or 8-7-6-18.
Now let us say a few words about the Intel memory voltage limit equal to : 1.65 v . In practice a constant use of memory with 2.2-2.3V have not influenced at all the overclocking potential/stability (Note we deal here with few days test , the time required to write this review , So some defect may appear for longer operation , but in our case 2.2-2.3 v was pretty safe).
Since the memory controller is build in the processor, the memory overclock depends now also on the processor temperature .
As conclusion, I can say only that core i7 is a new step in the development of desktop processors. Yes, the overclocking potential is low currently , but this may be fixed with time or luck . The use of HT technology and built-in memory controller considerably improved the performance in comparison with previous families processors.
Now this is a question of price since user have to pay not only for the processors. and motherboard Socket 1366 but also for the DDR3 memory
منبع: Only the registered members can see the link

serpens13
02-08-09, 02:11

Processor benchmarks with Resident Evil 5: Core i7 reigns, Phenom strong

The official benchmark demo of the Resident Evil 5 PC version has been released. PC Games Hardware ran tests with 20 CPUs.

Resident Evil 5: Engine
Capcom's new game is, like for example Devil May Cry 4, based on the MT Framework Engine. This architecture utilizes almost any modern rendering technology from HDR, Hemisphere Lighting as well as Soft Shadows and Soft Particles to Depth of Field and Motion Blur or Alpha To Coverage and static Ambient Occlusion. Besides the massive multi-core optimizations offered by the MT Framework (2.0), it is also DirectX 11 ready, but the version used in Resident Evil 5 is "only” a DirectX 9 respectively DirectX 10 renderer. In comparison to the console version the PC version of Resident Evil 5 delivers sharper textures and offers higher resolutions.

Resident Evil 5: Benchmark Tool and Results
Capcom has released the benchmark tool of Resident Evil 5. While we used the "Variable Benchmark” for our Resident Evil 5 graphics cards benchmarks (Only the registered members can see the link), we switched to the "Fixed Benchmark” for the processor tests. This mode repeatedly shows the same sequence (real-time demo). Conclusions on the performance of the final Resident Evil 5 can only be drawn to a certain point, but the "Fixed Benchmark” nevertheless gives a suitable indication at what you will have to expect in CPU limited scenes - for example when hordes of infected are attacking you. For more specific results we once again use the tool Fraps and record the minimal framerate. Attention: The "JobThread” in the Resident Evil 5 config.ini has to be set to at least the number of thread minus one!

Resident Evil 5: CPU usage as displayed by the windows Task Manager (Core i7-920) [Source: view picture gallery]

As its name indicates the MT Framework Engine scaling very good with multi-core processors: A C2Q Q6600 (4x 2,4 GHz) is 41 percent faster than C2D E6600 (2x 2.4 GHz), while the C2D E8400 is regardless of its 2x 3.0 GHz and 6Mibyte L2 cache only as fast as the Q6600. In contrast to many other engines Capcom's development does benefit when running on four instead of three cores - depending on the frequency the framerate is increased by about 13 percent. The MT Framework also likes more L2 cache - the C2Q Q9650 (12 MiByte) beats the C2E QX6850 (8 MiByte) which is running at the same frequency by about 9 percent.

AMD's Phenoms are gleaming in Resident Evil 5: the older Phenom X4 9950 beats the Q6600 and the Phenom II X4 945 (4x 3.0 GHz), if running at the same frequency, beats the more expensive C2Q Q9650 by about 6 percent - normally the Intel CPU is the faster one if those two are compared. Neverthless even a (simulated) Phenom II X4 965 (4x 3.4 GHz) doesn't stand a chance against Intel's Core i7 array - even the smallest model, the Core i7-920 with 2.67 GHz is about 17 percent faster. If running at the same clock speed the Nehalem beats the Deneb by almost 25 percent and the Yorkfield even by about 32 percent - even though the Core i7s are slowed down by the Geforce GTX 285. Smaller resolutions like 800 x 600 place the Core i7 more than 50 percent in front - so the "Runs great on Intel Core i7” logo hasn't been placed at the beginning of the benchmark without a reason.

SMT doesn't deliver more fps, but doesn't slow down the system either. The Turbo mode vanishes in 1,680 x 1,050 since at around 108 fps the GPU becomes the limiting factor.

منبع:Only the registered members can see the link

serpens13
02-08-09, 02:14
Benchmarks: Sandra Pro 2009

It's interesting to see that even with an entry level Core i7 - 920 processor @ 2.66Ghz ... it's still beats the QX9770 hands down.

The same is true during the Sandra multimedia test.

No comparison. The new Core i7 - 920 is truely an amazing processor.

منبع:Only the registered members can see the link (Only the registered members can see the link)

reza76622201
02-08-09, 07:15
واقعا عالي بود. نمي دونم چرا دوستان تشکر نکردند. از زحماتتون ممنونم.

serpens13
02-08-09, 09:58
واقعا عالي بود. نمي دونم چرا دوستان تشکر نکردند. از زحماتتون ممنونم.
مرسي دوست عزيز
من بيشتر قصدم از اين كارها بالا بردن اطلاعات دوستان در مورد انواع پردازنده ها و بيشتر بالا بردن اطلاعات خودم با كمك شما و ديگر دوستان
پس تو اين كار شما هم شريك باشيد:party:

serpens13
02-08-09, 10:04
Far Cry 2: CPU Benchmarks
Ubisoft confirmed what the previously promised: The Dunia Engine really benefits a lot from multi-core CPUs. Therefore a Core 2 Quad Q6600 with 2.4 GHz is as fast as a Core 2 Duo E8400 with 3 GHz. Unlike Crysis for example, Far Cry 2 still benefits from a faster CPU even with a Radeon HD 4870 running at 1,680 x 1,050 with 4x FSAA and 16:1 AF - it seems like the workload is divided to the individual components in a better way.

Like the chart reveals that on a Phenom CPU the game even benefits from four cores compared to three cores. A Phenom X4 9950 overclocked to 3 GHz is about as fast as a Q6600. With a single-core CPU you shouldn't try to run Far Cry 2 at high details: the Athlon 64 6000+ reaches less than 10 fps with one core.

serpens13
02-08-09, 10:12
Only the registered members can see the link Similar overclock make us hope that phenom processors series with four core will operate at frequencies up to 2.6 GHz at the announcement moment on 20 November. In this test associate used a motherboard on base of chipset AMD 790FX (RD790). Intel processors was coupled with motherboard on base of chipset intel p35. Single video card geForce GTX worked at the default frequencies under Windows XP with forceWare 169.01 drivers .
Even at 3.0 GHz frequency , phenom processor could not reach the conroe speed level , Kentsfield and Yorkfield. From other side, the default frequencies Of phenom will be far below 3.0 GHz, and yorkfield processors will soon reach the 3.2 GHz. Moreover, in the near future Intel expects to master the frequency 4.0 GHz.

serpens13
02-08-09, 22:11
Gaming Benchmarks

Futuremark 3DMark 06

The Futuremark 3DMark series has been a part of the backbone in computer and hardware reviews since its conception. The trend continues today as 3DMark06 provides consumers with a solid synthetic benchmark geared for performance and comparison in the 3D gaming realm. This remains one of the most sought after statistics, as well as an excellent tool for accurate CPU comparison. We will continue to include the venerable 3DMark 06 because it is less GPU bound than Vantage, and thus a better indicator of overall system performance.

Despite the impressive 20% increase in the CPU score, the overall score increases by only 5%, which suggests that our GeForce 9800GTX is bottlenecking the overclocked Core i7 system.

Futuremark 3DMark Vantage

You asked for it, so we have finally included 3DMark Vantage, Futuremark’s latest release in their renowned line of 3D benchmarking software. This latest DX10-only 3DMark comes with a variety of presets, but for our tests will be use the standard Performance preset which is suitable for a much greater range of system specifications than the other more demanding presets.

In 3DMark Vantage, the CPU score scales almost perfectly with the increase in CPU frequency. However, this certainly does not translate into a dramatically higher overall performance, as the full scores increases by a miniscule 1.4%. Once again our GeForce 9800GTX is revealed to be a major bottleneck in this graphics-intensive benchmark.

Let's see what we can expect in actual games.

Crysis

While Crysis is intensely GPU dependent, we added it to our gaming benchmarks to see how system changes can improve in-game performance on a Core i7 system. We utilized the Sphere level demo in 64-bit DX10 mode with a resolution of 1680x1050 and with all detail levels set to medium.

As we have come to expect from Crysis additional processing power simply does not translate into improved overall performance, it remains an intensely GPU-limited game.

Far Cry 2

Far Cry 2 is the hot new new first-person shooter from Ubisoft's Montreal studio, and the first game to utilize the new visually stunning Dunia Engine, which will undoubtedly be used by numerous future games. Using the provided Benchmarking Tool, we ran the Ranch Small demo in DX10 mode at 1680x1050 with all settings set to high.

As we saw in Crysis, the increased system clocks simply do not translate into noteworthy performance improvements due to the graphics bottleneck.

Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts

This test consists of actual gameplay using a single mission (Authie: Boudica's Boys from the British Campaign) since it holds a bit of everything the game has to offer: vehicle battles, artillery barrages and house-to-house fighting. We recorded framerates using FRAPS up until the 15 minute mark of the mission and excluding any in-game briefings / cutscenes. The game was run in DirectX 9 mode at 1680x1050 with all detail levels set to high.

Finally, in COH: OP the increased system clocks do provide a decent 10% performance boost over the stock configuration. This real-time strategy (RTS) game used to bring systems to their knees, but our Core i7/GeForce 9800GTX combo is more than capable of running it at a healthy pace, even with all settings maxed out.

Team Fortress 2

As our last gaming benchmark, we will use the addictive and CPU-intensive Team Fortress 2. For this test, we made an action-packed 30-minute timedemo on the “2_Fort” map with a constant 20-24 player load. This test represents a worst-case scenario because it is a small map with a high number of players on the screen at all times, placing a significant load on the CPU. The resolution was set to 1680x1050 with all settings on high.

Team Fortress 2 is well-known for having excellent CPU scalability, and because of this we were surprised to "only" see a 12% frame rate improvement. This suggests that once again our GeForce 9800GTX is proving to be a performance bottleneck.